Sunday, March 26, 2006

Malcolm X - They said he was Gay/Bisexual


Okay, well you read the title and I'm pretty sure by now you've gotten a whiff of it. Like it's some big deal. It was for the straight african american community and muslims. Especially, when Peter Tatchell busted out with his 2cents right before Malcolm's 80th birthday. Oh yes, he did. Tatchell is a white gay activist and personally I really don't care if Malcolm was gay or not. Let me quit lying. I found it absolutely delicious hearing X liked boys. Why wouldn't I? What's so wrong with it.

If Malcolm liked boys when he was a boy and liked men when he became a man, what's the big deal? I really don't think the brown folks quite like hearing the possibility that Malcolm did favors for youngmen. The kind, that you got payment for. Okay, I wasn't thrilled about hearing that, but life is life. It's no secret Malcolm had a shady past at one time. Who hasn't? Oh, I forget some people have never done wrong. And, who's to say prostitution is wrong? Not me, if grown consenting adult wants to sell their goods and services to other consenting adults who have the money to obtain these goods and services, then that's right - SO WHAT.

But, back to Malcolm. Mr. X's friends kind of let some things out of the bag. Like for instance, when they were roommates X use to sleepover at a transvestites house. Big deal and another so what. His friends told of many and I hate this word homosexual affairs he had with other men.

Whatever Malcolm did in his private or sexual life was his business. The man is a Historicl Icon and this certainly hasn't tainted blemished nor marred his legacy. I found it very soothing that Malcolm was one of Us or one of me, quite frankly. Wouldn't it be a real hoot if Huey P. Newton came out to the world. You know who he is the cofounder of The Black Panthers. And, Angela Davis was always my grrl. I'm sure that amazon woman strength came from a deeper source.

In A Minute...Pinklillies On A Beautiful Day.