Friday, March 16, 2007

HomoRevolution Tour Deadlee & CNN



During my time away from blogging writing editing sitting in front of my computer hours and days on end I discovered a whole new world. Exciting things are taking place. Artistry, music and a HomoRevolution is happening out there.

I love rap music, yes I do. I'll bypass the songs with the verbage containing #@!#@'s and the #@!@#'s. You see I can't even bring myself to speak them. But, I can dig me some rap with a message. It's poetry in motion, words in a song for my ears. My message in a bottle. And, with my boy 2Pac resting in peace and my beloved Bones Thugs & Harmony, absent of one of the original cast, well... things just haven't been quite the same...until I discovered Homorap and all of its great artist. Once again, rap with a message.

Deadlee is taking Gay Hip Hop, by storm. He's refreshing and he keeps it real. He has rocked the stage at Peace Out and his song Good Soldier II stays on The Top Ten video requests found on The Logo Channel.

(the above video)
Deadlee appeared on CNN the Paula Zahn's Now Prime Time Special, 'Out In The Open' Is it Hip Hop Art or Poison? Check it out, you be the judge.

Homorap artist Deadlee, expressed his like for Eminem and 50 Cent. Although, commented it was rather sad hearing the words I Hate Faggots blare out of so many of their mouths, used in their lyrics.

Deadlee works with gay youth, who support these artist by listening to and buying their music, all the while these rappers talk 'crap about us.' Deadlee gives these young people an alternative mainstream music, which could also easily be yours Gay Hip Hop/HomoHop.

"HOMOREVOLUTION TOUR 2007 is the first Ever HomoHop Tour of the Pacific Southwest, a tour of GAY, Lesbian and Bisexual rap & hip hop artists. Gay Hip Hop or "homohop" as it has been called has been around for awhile in the underground but it was brought to the attention of the larger LGBT Community in Alex Hinton's 2005 documentary about the genre, "Pick up the Mic". The 90 minute film profiled 18 LGBT hip hop artists throughout the world. Pick up the Mic debuted on MTV Network's LOGO in October. This tour will possibly be the focus of a Reality show with Rachel Powell (My Life as A Sitcom) serving as Executive Producer. We are looking for a Production Company or Network to pick it up." http://www.myspace.com/homorevolution